Palm Sunday Bulletin, April 4, 2020

Community United Methodist Church
Quincy, CA
April 5, 2020
Palm/Passion Sunday

WELCOME EVERYONE!!   We are happy you are here today to worship virtually with us, whether this is your first visit or your church home.  ALL are welcome here!! 
As you worship from the comfort of your home with a cup of coffee or tea, please participate as fully as you wish, or simply watch and take it all in.

Gathering Music                                                                                                  Peace Like a River    
                                                                                 Alice King, Piano; Rev. Andrew Davis, Organ

Welcome                                                                                                             Rev. Andrew Davis

Liturgy of the Palms:                                                                                             Matthew 21: 1-11

*Hymn:                                                           All Glory, Laud, & Honor – UMH 280, vs. 1, 3, & 4    
Please feel free to wave a streamer, fir branch, or palms if you have them and parade around your house as we sing together:

Refrain:         
            All Glory, laud, and honor, to thee redeemer King!
To whom the lips of children, made sweet hosanna’s ring!

Thou art the king of Israel, 
thou David’s royal son,
Who in the Lord’s name comest, 
the King and blessed One.

Refrain
            
            The people of the Hebrews 
with psalms before thee went;
Our prayer and praise and anthems
Before thee we present.

Refrain

            To thee before thy passion
            They sang their hymns of praise;
            To thee, now high exalted
            Our melody we raise.

Refrain
*Opening Prayer         

Moment of Stillness/Pastoral Prayer/The Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.  For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.  Amen.

Lesson:                                                                                                                 Matthew 26: 14-25

Hymn:                                                                              Ah, Holy Jesus – UMH 289, vs. 1, 4, & 5
            
            Ah, holy Jesus, how has thou offended,
            That we to judge thee, have in hate pretended?
            By foes derided, by thine own rejected?
            O most afflicted!

            For me, kind Jesus, was thy incarnation,
            Thy mortal sorrow, and thy life’s oblation;
            Thy death of anguish and thy bitter passion,
            For my salvation.

            Therefore, kind Jesus, since I cannot pay thee,
            I do adore thee, and will ever pray thee,
            Think on thy pity and thy love unswerving,
            Not my deserving.  

Lesson:                                                                                                                 Matthew 26: 26-30

Hymn:                                                    Come, Sinners to the Gospel Feast – UMH 616, vs. 1 & 3

            Come, sinners to the gospel feast,
            Let every soul be Jesus’ guest.
            Ye need not one be left behind,
            For God hath bid all human kind.

            Come and partake the gospel feast,
            Be saved from sin, in Jesus rest;
            O taste the goodness of our God,
            And eat his flesh and drink his blood.  

Lesson:                                                                                                                 Matthew 26: 31-56

Brief Meditation:                                                                                                        Pastor Andrew

*Hymn:                                                                          What Wondrous Love is This? – UMH 292

            What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul,
            What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
            What wondrous love is this, that caused the Lord of bliss
            To bear the dreadful curse, for my soul, for my soul,
            To bear the dreadful curse for my soul.

            What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul,
            What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
            What wondrous love is this, that caused the Lord of life
            To lay aside his crown for my soul, for my soul,
            To lay aside his crown for my soul.

            To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing,
            To God and to the Lamb I will sing;
            To God and to the Lamb, who is the great I AM,
            While millions join the theme I will sing, I will sing;
            While millions join the theme I will sing.  

            And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
            And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on;
            And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing and joyful be,
            And through eternity, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
            And through eternity I’ll sing on.  

*Extinguishing the Lenten Candles/Blessing & Sending Forth 

            
UMC Mission:
To Make Disciples of Jesus Christ
For the Transformation of the World

Community UMC Mission: 
We are a Christ-centered community, joyfully committed to being His ambassadors.  In the fellowship of His love and grace, we grow in Christ through the study of God’s word, prayer and worship; living out our faith in service to others.

P.O. Box 766, Quincy, CA 95971
Tel/Fax (530)283-1740
email:quincyumc@sbcglobal.net
Website: www.quincymethodist.org

Please mail your tithes/offerings to the church office at the above address


Community UMC Office Hours:
Closed until further notice due to COVID-19 Precautions

Rev. Andrew Davis
Pastor Andrew’s E-mail: Andrew.m.davis2016@gmail.com
Pastor Andrew’s Phone (call/text)/Pastoral Emergencies: 
916-769-4637

During the COVID-19 closure, Pastor Andrew is available by phone, e-mail, or text between 10:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday and Saturday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Move...in Love" - Sermon, August 26, 2018

Where Do We Begin? Sermon, July 3, 2016

Lenten Ruminations