Time for another Rebrand of this Blog




So last week, I had a lot to say, but that's also been a result of being remiss about blogging and sharing my thoughts.  This week, while working on my first newsletter article for the Quincy Quill. I decided that this blog is need of a new nickname, Adventures with Pastor Andrew, which will coincidentally be the same title of my article.  So, I figured it's time to re-brand this blog yet again.  I'm still all about bringing hope and light into this world where darkness can easily take hold, but also want to expand onto places where we can talk about this adventure called life and how our faith can intersect with life.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day I move up to Quincy and the day I take the helm as pastor of Community United Methodist Church.  That alone is an adventure in itself, along with the many outdoor opportunities and places to explore.  But, also the people I get to meet and the people we get to know.  And I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting than Quincy.  As I was writing my first article, I reflected upon the words of Psalm 139:

If I take the wings of the morning    and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me,    and your right hand shall hold me fast. (Psalm 139: 9-10, NRSV)

I'm eagerly awaiting to take the wings of the morning, consider I have been getting up early every day, although Quincy is far from the ends of the earth.  Even in the challenges that will also be ahead, God will be with us, walking alongside us and guiding us each step of the way.  With that, the packing and sorting, as well as getting household goods begins in earnest, as we take the wings of the morning and seize the day!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Move...in Love" - Sermon, August 26, 2018

Lenten Ruminations

Where Do We Begin? Sermon, July 3, 2016